Wonderful Wednesday #132

 {When it's beautiful....it really is VERY beautiful!}
Oh my WORD what IS this weather?!?  That's right I'm going all 'cliche Brit' on you and throwing the weather talk at you from the get-go.  But i mean really.  My hair resembles 'Side Show Bob', my face is as shiny {and probably just as round!} as the moon and my energy levels?  Well they're not where they were last week let's put it that way.  It's weeks like these that I'm grateful for this space and this post and for being able to give myself my usual hour on a Tuesday night to sit and ponder about my week so far; to dig deep{sometimes really deep - I'm only human afterall} and pull out and record those little moments of greatness that would have otherwise got lost in yet another week.  Which, may i add seem to be just merging into one another at rocket-speed of late.  I feel as if my feet have barely touched the ground!  Can you believe that we are on the brink of September?!?  That means it's 'technically' almost Au-...No I'm sorry i can't say it yet i just can't!  
Let's talk happy things....

1. Stranger Things.  I wont go into the ins and outs of why everyone on EARTH should watch this TV show except to say:  WATCH IT!  I'm SUCH a tough crowd when it comes to TV and i really find something has to be extra fab and super and down right kick-ass if it's to hold my attention past ten minutes, let alone a whole series.  If you loved the Goonies, The XFiles and anything Stephen King and Eighties TV related this is right up your pipe.

2.  A white tee.  Like striped tees i own about a million, no jokes.  Still i return to the same one:  ripped a little on the seam {but just pretend you didn't notice ok?}, seams all skew-iff from being worn to death and fabric a little more see-through than I'd like BUT it's my favourite ever white tee.  Nothing has ever come close and if I'd known then what i know now, I'd have bought seven.  Honestly.  It's my fail-safe when everything else is too tired to make sense and i just want to feel together, cosy and comfy.  This week it's been worn ALOT. In fact I'm writing it as we speak/type/catch up....

3.  Dried apricots.  We've got a love/hate kind of relationship if I'm honest and lately it seems all kinds of crazy even contemplating eating dried apricots when there are fresh ones in season and all yummy and juicy BUT, and there's always a but:  The other evening i was looking for something exciting to pep up some cous-cous and cinnamon spiced sweet potato wedges and suddenly sticky dried apricots, a couple of left over dates and some stray sultanas came to the rescue.  With a squeeze of orange juice and some grated orange zest the whole meal was the bees knees.  I've been munching the devils whenever i get a sweet craving ever since.  I'm rather loving them dipped in almond butter too...

4.  Summer rain.  In fairness since the weekends wet and dreary weather i shouldn't complain about the warmer days.  I'm never happy am i?!?  You just can't beat the scent and feeling that a good summer downpour brings though you really can't.  It's the only time of year that the rain smells that good and if you've nowhere else to be, that actually it feels rather lovely to get absolutely drenched and scamper home and eat tea and biscuits!

5.  Sisters.  Because no matter what there's nobody that knows you better.  I don't see enough of mine, which hopefully is about to change since we are now only three streets apart {THREE!}.  She's forever on my side and someone i just don't know how I'd do without.  It's both the strangest and most comforting to see so much of yourself in another person and yet so much difference.  I feel ever so lucky to have that girl in my life!
6.  The thought of making a banana bread.   It's something we love and yet it's been SO long since we made one!  I love it still warm from the oven before bed with a hot spiced chai tea or toasted lightly the morning or two after and slathered generously with nut butter and sunflower seeds.  Mmmmmm!

7.  The yellow-ist bush that there ever was.  I've barely looked at our garden since we moved in.  Luckily the back is grassy with a little patio and i've managed and successfully transported at the sweet terracotta plant pots from our flat's yard to our new patio. Out front we've just a drive a  little patch of soil under our kitchen window.  I've got grand plans to plant a Hydrangea bush there but i need to read up on the best time to do that and i'm thinking it might be a job for next year...?  At the moment that little patch is filled with a happiest looking bush of bright yellow flowers!  I haven't a clue what they are but they've not stopped being in bloom since we moved in and attract the sweetest collection of bumble bees and butterflies! It's the loveliest sight when you come home or when you're pottering about in the kitchen tidying up after dinner.  Afterall, is there a happier colour than yellow?!?


8.  Blankets.  I know i know that technically it's still Summer but for a brief moment the other evening i was cold and tired and so i lit my favourite scented candle, snuggled under the blanket on the sofa and watched re-runs of Nigel Slater on Sky and i was The Cosiest!


9.  Dark chocolate covered mini corn cakes.  I've never been a rice cake fan.  There's just not enough....substance somehow?!  Oh no, give me an oatcake or a cracker any day!  Until i discovered corncakes.  Even better, corncakes covered in dark chocolate.  All the moreish-ness of popcorn with the delicious-ness of a little-but-just-enough chocolate. They're my before-bed snack of choice most nights....

*  *  *

And that's a wrap:  Quick as a flash; whizz, bang, bong and ting:  We're done for another week!  Do fire all of your happy bits from this week so far below in the comments box or join in online with all of the #wonderfulwednesday chit-chat on Twitter and Instagram, i'm @sallytangle on both.  BETTER STILL get right on over to  Jo, Helen, Michelle, Kate, Cat, Sam and Kerri's blogs for even more #wonderfulwednesday -shaped greatness!!!

Have a super lovely rest of the week!