Wonderful Wednesday 12

Good day dear and lovely POPPETS! I'm back once again with a post filled to the very top with happy-makers! I hope this shall inspire you to do the same, or at least to look at what's going on around you and see all that is great and good too.  This week has been SO lovely so far. I feel all caught up in dreamland (no more crazy dreams, dis-jointed zzz-ing or tossing and turning nights for me!) and it almost feels like Spring has finally landed here in Cumbria.  For weeks now we have had odd days of sunshine.  These days have been best enjoyed from inside as the wind has been icy! This week has seen the start of cloudless blue skies, bright sunshine and a feeling that everything and everyone is so much happier for it.  Isn't it a miracle what a bit of vitamin D can do? There are plenty other gems that have been keeping me tip-top lately too…

*  Sleeping with the bedroom window OPEN just a little.  This HAS to be one of my favourite things about the warmer weather.  I love to hear the city falling asleep as i do:  car engines in the distance, a little whistle of a late night breeze and the hum as the city winds down.  Waking up to chirruping birds is also lovely.  Then that blue sky is just a bonus…

*  Finally getting the chance to WEAR my patterned paisley bluebell blue trousers for work.  I bought them in a flurry of excitement way way back in February.  They were so obviously warm weather attire and have been hanging up in our spare room for far too long!  This week they got their first outing to work with a little printed neon beach smock and a printed quilted jacket.  This warmer weather has had my little head go into outfit planning mode.  There are SO many more opportunities when you don't have to wear a woollen hat and a winter coat.  I am jolly pleased to shake off a layer or two - finally!  

*  Having the MOST productive evening of my life on Monday.  You know when you suddenly just get a burst of energy from nowhere?  Since the Mr was band practising for some summer festival dates, i took the opportunity to take the pushbike out for a little trip.  Then i managed to hoover, dust, change the bed, do washing and have a little shower all in about two and a half hours!!  It is rather sad how pleased that made me.  I tell you i had the BEST sleep of my life that night! All that fresh air and then the softest freshly washed cotton sheets. Bliss!

* My FIRST ^after-dinner bike ride^ completed without a coat!  That and the most spectacularly burnt orange sunset on the way home was a little bit like heaven.  I had forgotten how magical little cycles at that hour can be.  All i could smell was damp grass, little wafts of wild garlic and dew-soaked flowers.  It was pretty MAGNIFICENT.  

* Homemade lentil and vegetable chilli with brown rice and creme fraiche.  The PERFECT comfort food when you are starving after a very busy day at work.  I could have eaten that stuff solidly for hours.  It was that good!  It is one of the Mr's specialities and i was quite happy to leave him to it.  I can't wait until we have it again.  

*  Porridge with strawberry jam.  PERFECT Monday morning breakfast.  I mostly have poached rhubarb or apple with my porridge in the morning.  But Monday mornings always call for something a little sweeter and  more comforting.  There is nothing better to nibble whilst easing yourself into the week.  

*  NEW followers and SWEET readers of this little space.  I have had a lot of new readers to this little spot and that makes me SO happy i cannot even tell you.  If you are new, welcome! It is lovely to have you and i hope you enjoy!  And an equally warm and whopping lovely big thank you to those of you who come back again and again, i love you all dearly and one day, we shall have that big tea party i promise!

NOW it's over to you!  What has been making you smile and get through this week so far? It can be anything in the whole world but i would LOVE to know! I am nosey like that you see!