'S' is for Sunday

It has felt so very long since i truly appreciated and enjoyed a SUNDAY.  It's the one day we can all be excused for moving a little slower; being a little lazier and treasuring every single thing we do.  I am often annoyed when i wake up early on a SUNDAY morning.  That sort of  'i'm awake awake and past the point of returning to my slumbers' kind of wake up where the best action is just to admit defeat.

This morning was exactly that.  An 8am disturbance of the cosiest most needed sleep, after a particularly late night too. I can only blame a seagull.  Or possibly a cat.  But either way it was an excuse to curl up for a cuddle before braving anything over and above the huge duvet and too many cushions. 
 Somehow on a week day i can throw myself right into tea, breakfast and getting ready as soon as i stand up.  I'm proud of my ability to wash my face; apply moisturiser and get breakfast 'on the go' in the time it takes for the kettle to boil.  SUNDAYS are different. This morning i wrapped myself in a big blanket and stood and watched outside for a little while.  In the distance i could hear the cathedral bells singing their merry wake up song and it felt cosy and nice to just stand still, all bundled up; even if just for a minute. 
Then, still wrapped up, i made a big cup of Lady Grey tea and some Earl Grey for the Mr (WHO LIKES TO WAKE UP IN BED) and settled myself with all the correct cushions in the right places, into the most comfiest space on the sofa.  Then we had warm raisin pastries and debated not moving all day.  
*   *   
As it was just me today, i decided to spend the day cycling chasing away the last of the Summer and  being just a little bit Autumnal.
 Today was a dark clover print jeans; printed silk blouse and willow green Cambridge satchel sort of a day.  With further exhaustion of a very battered a bent (BUT VERY LOVED) silk flower crown too.  No coat yet…but most certainly an excuse to wear pretty and thoughtful socks.  It's quite worrying how excited this makes me.
I am falling in LOVE with the changes out and about already, and Autumn has barely stirred. Cycling was blustery - the sun was cool and the ground is slowly s-l-o-w-e-l-y becoming littered with the first leaves to drop.  I spent a few moments trying to name them, just like we used to at school.  It was always easy to pick out the acorn and sycamore leaves first.  

Trundling home by the castle i spotted my very first ROSE-hips.  I can't believe how quickly these little devils have appeared! It seems only days ago these hedges were filled with the sweetest smelling pink roses.  I have stopped countless times to jostle with the bees in an effort to stick my nose anywhere near; just to smell the sweet heady aroma.  ROSES you buy in the supermarkets of florists don't smell anymore, which is a little sad. 



 The rest of today was spent digging out Autumn florals and eating scrambled eggs made from eggs which looked fit for a Queen.  I settled upon the softest rose pink oversized cardigan, a super soft and slouchy breton T-shirt and my old old vintage floral trousers.  I love these colour combinations so much. When Autumn finally comes i jump head first into burnt ORANGES, OXBLOODS and the richest PLUMS and NAVY blues. But for now i am content and cosy in deeper florals, richer pinks and the most perfect olive green tones.  
 This cheeky chap found last week has been sat sunbathing on our kitchen windowsill by a big jug of purple heather.  It's just starting to open now.  I'm excited to fill a huge and pretty old china bowl with CONKERS, dried LAVENDER and heather flowers when the time is right.

After hand-washing some new silk treats in Lush bath bombs, i spent the rest of the afternoon curled up with chai tea and new September magazines - trying not to turn over too many pages or fall in love with too many new shoes…coats…bags and other everythings. I love the start of a new month and even more so the start of a brand new season.

How has everyone's SUNDAY been?!